Thank you for all your support in 2015 – It’s been a great year!
Thanks to your help, AHC Inc. had a banner year. We developed or renovated more than 1,500 affordable apartments, helped hundreds of our residents build stronger futures, and fostered countless community partnerships. Here are 10 of our favorite 2015 accomplishments:
- AHC developed, purchased or renovated more than 1,500 affordable apartments in the mid-Atlantic region. We opened the doors to two brand new apartment buildings, started or completed renovation of five existing affordable rental communities, and created new partnerships to create several additional affordable housing opportunities in the region. Read more.
- ALL of our high school seniors graduated and were accepted into college! Our After-School students and Summer Campers also thrived. Read more.
- We honored six amazing Volunteers of the Year for their dedication and commitment to our students. We are so grateful to them and to the more than 250 volunteers who work with our students each year. Read more.
- Thanks to the generous support of the community, we provided backpacks and school supplies to more than 900 students. Thank you!
- AHC repaid $2.5 million to Arlington County’s Affordable Housing Investment Fund (AHIF), a revolving loan fun that has been one of Arlington’s most effective affordable housing development tools. Read more.
- 22 AHC Inc. apartment communities participated in our fire prevention campaign, Stand by Your Pan, to educate residents about fire safety. Watch video.
- We dedicated the Rinker Community Center to recognize Lora and Charlie Rinker for their many years of community service and affordable housing support. Read more.
- AHC was named One of the Top 50 Affordable Housing Owners by Affordable Housing Finance magazine.
- Walter D. Webdale, President & CEO, received the Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers’ Lifetime Achievement Award. Read more
- 62 AHC and AHC Management staff members successfully completed our in-house Wellness Incentive Program.