The redevelopment of the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection site is being planned in the City of Alexandria. The project will provide approximately 113 new affordable apartments in 2021.
About the Project
AHC is partnering with the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection (ECR) on the redevelopment of the Church’s current site in the City of Alexandria’s Beauregard neighborhood. The project will transform the property into approximately 113 new affordable apartments. ECR will also have a new church building on the site to meet its worship and programming needs. This development will provide much-needed affordable living opportunities to working families in the Beauregard community, which is expected to lose hundreds of market affordable apartments in the coming years.
Proposed Project Details
- The apartments will be a mix of efficiencies, one-two-, and three-bedroom units.
- Rents will range from 40% to 60% of the Area Median Income.
- Amenities will include underground parking, a community room, and a landscaped terrace for residents.
- Apartments will feature Energy Star-certified kitchen appliances, high-efficiency, individually controlled HVAC systems, carpeted floors, and ceramic tile.
Anticipated Development Schedule
- Late 2017 – Alexandria City Council Hearing
- March 2018 – VHDA 9% tax credit application due
- April 2019 – Construction start
- April 2021 – Construction complete
Community Outreach & Information
- Meetings with Goodwin House Board/Staff have taken place on: 5/4/15, 6/18/15, 1/27/16, and 11/21/16.
- 6/19/17 – Presentation at Beauregard Design Advisory Committee
- 7/19/17- Presentation at Goodwin House Town Hall by Episcopal Church of the Resurrection (PDF), AHC Inc. (PDF), and Cunningham Quill Architects (PDF).
- Additional community meetings will be held in the Fall of 2017.
2280 North Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA