Thank you for volunteering with AHC’s educational program. We sincerely appreciate your time and help. We hope the resources below help make your volunteer experience productive and enjoyable.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-486-0626 x1107.
Mandated Reporter Training
- All volunteers age 18+ should take the mandated reporter training and send AHC the completion certificate before starting to volunteer.
- Mandated Reporters: Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect.
Resources for Volunteers
Training for Virtual Tutoring
- Mid-Year Volunteer Training 2022
- Tips for Reading with Students
- Communication, Resiliency & Youth
- Overview of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Essay writing for College Mentors
- College & Career Readiness Mentor Orientation 2021
- Virtual Volunteering Orientation video, Fall 2020
- Using Zoom as a tutor training video
- Reading with a student via Zoom training video
- Screen Share Steps and Troubleshooting Tips.pdf
- Remote Control Activation Steps.pdf
- Benefits and Steps to iPad Mirroring.pdf
- Reading via Zoom and using ebooks from Arlington Public Library
- Getting started and troubleshooting on Zoom
Race and Privilege
- The National Mentoring Partnership and My Brother’s Keeper Alliance created training material around best practices for mentoring boys and young men of color. Module 1 video looks at race and privilege and gives mentors tools & practices to help students approach challenges they may face. Link to video.
- My Brother’s Keepers Webinars