Gates of Ballston is a garden-style, 1940s-era apartment community with 465 apartments in 43 buildings spread over 17 acres of mature trees and landscaped greenways. AHC acquired the property in 2002 and completed an extensive renovation in 2007. The property includes a large 10,000-square-foot community center that hosts AHC’s Resident Services programs and other community outreach. Gates of Ballston earned the 2009 National Trust for Historic Preservation Board of Advisors’ Award and the Best Virginia Project Award from the Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers in 2008.
- 29 efficiencies
- 212 one-bedrooms
- 151 two-bedrooms
- 73 three-bedrooms
- Easy access to public transportation
- 10,000-square-foot community center with resident services for adults, teens and children
- 17 acres of open, landscaped ground
- Walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Free parking
- On-site management office
There are 107 market-rate apartments with no income qualifications and 357 affordable apartments available to individuals earning up to 50% or 60% of the Area Median Income.
Leasing office: 703-875-8600. Managed by AHC Management.
4108 North 4th Street, Arlington, VA 22203