Welcome Amazon Employees!
Thank you, Amazonians, for helping Arlington families build stronger futures! AHC Inc is grateful to be one of the local nonprofit partners chosen to participate in Amazon’s Employee Matching Campaign. Now through September 30, Amazon is matching employees’ donations one-for-one, up to a total of $5 million. Your support for affordable housing and education opportunities can change lives. Thank you!
Housing + Education = Success
AHC Inc. develops and preserves housing that is affordable to low- and moderate-income families, individuals, and senior citizens. With more than 40 years of community experience, we know first-hand that an affordable roof overhead is the first step in family stability.
Our extensive education and social services programs build on that foundation.
Our secret sauce? AHC works right where people live. Our programs are consistent and accessible. Our staff are trusted resources. Children grow up in our programs and thrive. That’s why we believe “Housing + Education = Success.”
Our Track Record
- 100% of AHC’s students graduate from high school.
- Nearly all go to college and are the first in their families to achieve this milestone.
- Last year, our high school grads earned more than $600K in scholarships.
- 80% of AHC’s college students are persisting in college or have graduated. This compares to 74% of U.S. college students with college-educated parents and 56% of first-generation students.
- Click here for our most recent “Report Card,” an overview of our programs for residents.
Donate Now and Double Your Impact
Every dollar you donate goes directly to the children and families we serve. Your support helps us provide year-round educational programming, social services programs, health and wellness workshops, financial capability classes, eviction prevention services and more.
Volunteer: Help Build Strong Futures
Volunteer with AHC and change a child’s life. In just an hour a week, volunteers inspire, mentor and connect with youth in our programs from kindergarten through high school. Learn more.
We also offer lots of one-time volunteer opportunities, from participating in a career fair to bringing your dog to our “Read with Dogs” program for our elementary students. Learn more.
Interested in a group volunteer opportunity? Contact Laura Jackson at 703-486-0626 x 1107 or email@example.com.
- They All Kind of Live Through Me: What It Means to Be the First Person in Your Family to Go to College, Washington Post, 6-16-19
- AHC Program Supports Arlington Youth to Graduation and Beyond, Sun Gazette, 6-17-19
- AHC celebrates 24 first-generation college bound high school graduates, WDVM, 6-26-19
- AHC Inc., Episcopal Church of the Resurrection and City of Alexandria Break Ground on $48M Affordable Apartment Community in Alexandria, VA
- Local Leaders Kick Off $100 Million AHC Inc. Affordable Housing Development in Arlington